Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Early bird

Any question I had about my commitment to getting better was answered today when I got up at 4:30 a.m. to meet up for a 5:15 swim lesson. Granted, I didn't sleep that well after that huge potato burrito at the Bear Tooth last night, but I digress.

Kudos to future marathon queen and blog princess, Joleen, for meeting me and gently handling my fragile little ego. Joleen was far too kind and supportive of my ineptitude in the water. I did learn a lot and despite my propensity for sucking water through my nose I feel like I have several things to focus on now.
.
Here's a nice photo of Joleen after her cold run this weekend.


After washing off the chlorine, it was back to the elliptical, stair climber and bike for more cardio. By then I decided I needed a small nap before it was off to weights with another gracious girl who has agreed to assist me in working on my strength training. As I mentioned before, Laura is going to run Boston this spring, but also works as a personal trainer and is a former gymnast. She is one little ball of hate when it comes to strength and pretty much kicked my ass. But that's okay. I need to shake things up and having a training partner makes it a whole lot easier.
.
After weights it was meeting up with my Nike rep John Dimoff, who is in town and showing the new product for mid-summer/fall. John is a three-time Olympic Trials qualifier in the marathon. Click on his name to read a good interview with him. Always fun to see the new stuff and of course Nike always has some interesting innovations. Particularly looking forward to the Lunarglide which will be a new update to the Lunar Trainer. I managed to get a pair of them when I was in Portland last week to try out. I am very fortunate to have a "sample" size foot (9.0) so I can wear the new models for men. Comes in handy in my job as footwear buyer.

Hamstring is a bit tender from the massage yesterday, but I expected that so I didn't plan on running today, but have high hopes for tomorrow.

No comments: